Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Ice Age 4 Continental Drift

It was Wednesday, the second week of the holidays and I had everything planned out for the day.

We were set and ready to go to the movies; I had checked the timetable for the Amazing Spider Man, it was at 8.00pm so after we ate my dad drove us to Hoyts cinemas at Sylvia Park.  Unfortunately when we got there disaster struck! Several other Spiderman fans (and I don’t mean just a few) had decided to go at the same time and consequently; The Amazing Spider Man was sold out. My mind went blank…. What now? I thought to myself.  My dad approached counter and asked the cashier if there were any other available movies, for kids in general.  Eager to help he enthusiastically replied “Um… well we have ‘Ice Age 4’, would you like to see it?”   “Ok”, we replied and eagerly grabbed the tickets as we chatted and made our way to cinema 7.

The 20th Century logo covered the screen briefly and then vanished. The light disappeared and the room turned black, pitch black. A few blinks later Scrat a squirrel  and the accursed acorn showed up, and once again Scat’s foolishness had a big effect on Manny and the herd.The herd was made up of a mammoth known as  Manny,  (very big and stubborn) Sid a very entertaining, stupid or perhaps clueless abandoned sloth his grandma  - Gramma and Diego the cunning, swift and ferocious saber tooth.

Unfortunately Manny and the herd had become separated from Ely his wife and Peaches his teenage daughter a newfound character. Their separation was caused by Manny and the herd being tapped and drifting away on an iceberg. Their quest is to find a way back to Manny’s family. On the way they encounter Captain Gutt and his crew, who causes mischief and all kinds of trouble. Shira a sabre tooth is second in command and develops a liking to Diego, Manny’s friend. In the end Manny is reunited with his family.

My family and I waited till the end before getting up to leave to avoid being squashed and supposedly getting separated in the enormous crowd pushing and squirming to get out.  A good movie like that, (I thought to myself)  deserves to be followed by a good nights rest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.